Let us understand warm & cool colors here.
Do you know colors play a vital role when it comes to dressing? They not only make you look bright but disastrous, if you are not aware of their suitability on you.
Here are few examples
Want to look dull, wear black if it’s not your color
At the premiere of Iris, 2002 This white is too bright a soft white would be better
At the Oscars, 2002 , This red is too bright
Wear the wrong colors and look much older than you are
Yes, that is correct; colors can make you look good or bad. Therefore it‘s essential to understand different colors type & our skin undertone.
To make it simple let us first divide colors into two major group
Warm & Cool
- Warm colors — red, yellow, and orange these colors give rise to a feeling of warmth and comes into the category of warm colors.
- Cool colors — blue, green, and purple these colors give rise to a cool feeling and comes into the category of cool colors
As we are through with warm & cool colors let us understand the skin undertone.
Skin undertone — undertone meaning is that it is the hue that comes through the skin from underneath its surface. It is divided into 3 parts Warm , Cool & neutral.
Techniques to decide on all undertones are-
#1: Natural Light Test
In natural light, look at the inside of your forearm and wrist. If the veins are:
- Greenish – you have a yellow or warm undertone.
- Blueish – you have a blue or cool undertone.
- Indistinguishable – you have a Beige or neutral undertone.
#2: Paper Test
With clean skin in natural light, stand in front of a mirror with a white piece of paper, if comparatively your face appears:
- Yellow/red – you have a yellow or warm undertone.
- Blue/pink _ you have a Blue or cool undertone.
- Beige/brown – you have a Beige or neutral undertone.
Those of you having a warm skin undertone, you should consider the warm side of the color wheel, you should turn to red, peach, coral, orange, amber, gold, and yellow. You also should look great when you wear “warmer” versions of cool colors, like olive, moss, orchid, and violet-red.
People with cool undertones your got to colors are Bright blue, royal blue, sapphire, emerald, amethyst, deep purples, lavender, lilac snow.
your go-to colors in the warm color family: Shocking pick (versus hot pink, which is warm), cerise, ruby, bright rose.
People with neutral undertone your go to colors are Neutral colors that fall in the middle of the color spectrum. Look for light peach, dusty pinks, soft rose, peony pink (blush-toned pinks look best for neutrals), placid blue, jade green, cameo green.
Now that much has been said about colors one should focus on nothing but most importantly skin undertone and choose the colors wisely be it for Fabric, Hair, or make up.