Okay, glowy skin of your dreams is probably taking it too far. But if something works for The Duchess of Cambridge, and is a staple on her dresser, then why not yours?
And HRH Kate Middleton isn’t the only one obsessed with this particular item. Multiple consumers swear by it, so it’s definitely something we need to talk about. The oil I’m talking about is Rosehip Seed Oil. But what is it, and why is it so popular?
ROSEHIP SEED OIL – YOUR GATEWAY TO GLOWY SKIN
Rosehip seed oil is harvested from the seeds of rose bushes. It is full of vitamins, anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids. Which apparently, do wonders for your skin. Among celebrities, one popular name that stands out is model Miranda Kerr.
Kerr announced once that she uses it regularly, and it is the key to her gorgeous skin. (You must admit, we’re ALL obsessed with Miranda’s complexion!) Moreover, 5000 reviewers on amazon call it magical for fixing dull, acne-prone skin.
Sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it?
- Moisturizing – the ingredients in the oil are said to be extremely beneficial for dehydrated skin, making it a top choice for us.
- Treating Wrinkles – rosehip seed oil is packed with anti-inflammatory fatty acid and vitamins A and C. These treat signs of aging, hydrate skin and provide anti-oxidant effects.
- Pores – the oil also tightens your pores and brightens skin, aka glowy skin for days.
- Exfoliation – the oil, when combined with baking soda works as a natural exfoliator. HOWEVER, steer clear if your skin is acne prone!
- Banish hyperpigmentation – we’ve already talked about this.
Rosehip seed oil is a dry oil – which means it won’t leave you with a greasy shine. It also absorbs really fast, so you can use it in the daytime. But, if you have oily skin, use it sparingly.
Furthermore, opt for an organic, cold pressed rosehip seed oil, to ensure great quality. Like this one by Tabiea.
BUT, don’t order in bulk. It’s a delicate oil, so it can go rancid it not stored properly. Keep it in a cool and dark location – even the fridge works. And although you’ll find yourself going through it really fast (cuz duh, glowy skin and all that), order as you go. Play it safe!