Winter has FINALLY left us. Or should I say, ~almost~ left us. But if you’ve known dry during the cold months, you know what’s coming – unbearable, scorching heat. When you’re not only tanning and sweating, but also burning into a crisp.
And we’re all aware of how bad heat affects not just our skin, but also our hair. We’re all guilty of not taking care of our tresses as well as we do our faces. But have no fear. I’m going to share with you the EASIEST DIY that will not only help with dull hair, but also hair fall! (Two birds with one stone, eh?)
Be prepared for healthy, voluminous hair, without taking a painstaking trip to the salon. Say hello to the yoghurt hair mask.
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whisk egg in a bowl till it’s a little frothy.
- In a separate bowl, mix yoghurt and olive oil till it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the egg into the yoghurt mixture, folding it in well till creamy.
- Apply to ends of hair, working your way upwards.
- You can avoid the scalp if you struggle with oily hair.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash as normal.
- Follow up with conditioner if you choose.
If you have longer hair, you can double the ingredients on the yoghurt hair mask and go to town.
Your hair will thank you for being it’s savior in the summer, and you’re going to love the results!
PS: Don’t forget the sunscreen!