I’m currently taking a break from my unexciting life and sleeping in at my parent’s. (That’s a lie because my father is strictly against sleeping in, but I somehow manage to do it anyway lol) And as of late, my skin has been acting really crazy, despite me not applying even a slick of makeup. I’ve even reduced the number of skin care items, but I’m yet to get my skin back to normal. So when I noticed a gigantic bottle of rose water on my mum’s dresser, I added it into my routine. And I’ll be honest, my skin feels so much better.
My mum has been using rose water ever since I can remember. Whether it’s as a toner, or in face masks, rose water is her go to. But what is it that makes this very simple product very effective?
ROSE WATER – THE WHY, THE HOW, AND THE WHEN
Cleopatra was one of the first women rumored to use rose petals/rose chips to take a bath. That woman was a true queen. She set so many trends, whether it was the outrageous eyeliner, or using milk and honey for baths, or even using beet as a lip color! True. MF. QUEEN!
But in the 21st century, we are now aware of exactly how this special water helps in keeping our skin perfectly balanced, moist and gorgeous.
- It helps in maintaining the skin’s pH balance (which is SUPER important!). It also regulates excess oil.
- The water hydrates, revitalizes and moisturizes the skin.
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce redness and acne. Furthermore, it helps with dermatitis and eczema.
- The versatile water is also a fantastic antibacterial. Slather some on that broken heart of yours. It might help.
- Strengthen and regenerate skin cells, thanks to the antioxidant properties.
- It’s a pretty good toner because it’s an astringent – helps clean pores and tone skin.
- It’s no surprise my mum has beautiful skin. Rose water also has anti-aging properties. Bye bye, fine lines.
I use rose water twice every day, after cleansing the skin. Tone the skin by dumping it onto a cotton pad and sweeping it across the skin. Follow it up with my moisturizers. My skin is grateful, and glad. Mainly because rose water doesn’t irritate the skin whatsoever. So, as opposed to any other chemical toner, it is much much better!
Just remember to purchase a pure form of the product. What’s even better? It’s perfect for all skin types!
Shop from a list of the water here!