I feel like I’m writing about something new from Huda Beauty every other week. And this week, the brand has a new, and tbh pretty impressive product reveal. The new Matte & Metal Melted Shadows are Huda Kattan’s newest babies, and they’re dropping BEFORE 2019. How’s that for a great year?
The “future of eyeshadow” is a dual ended bottle with 2 different formulae. On one end, there’s “a richly-pigmented, velvety matte shade”. And at the other, “a striking, glittering shimmer formula in a stunning complimentary shade.”
Inspiration behind the creation was the “glitterati and decadent lifestyles of It-girls and the Insta glam squad.” And the shade names are actually pretty bougie. See for yourself.
Bubble Bath & Pink Champagne – A timeless combination of a dusty pink matte and a silvery pink glitter.
Hot Sauce & Cherry Soda – This saffron-inspired red matte looks amazing alone and pairs perfectly with a layer of the most seductive, silvery-red glitter topper.
Silk Bomber & Bubblegum – A daring fuchsia matte and duo-chrome purple glitter bring all the bad girl attitude.
Private Jet & Shimmering Sunset – A beautiful blush pink matte paired with a shimmering amber glitter.
Faux Fur & Bamboo Hoops – This stunning peachy matte is subtle but sexy and completely mesmerizing when paired with the oyster-gold glitters.
According to Huda’s blog, the matte formula
- Is saturated in pigments, so you can quickly swipe it on for instant drama. Or you can easily blend with your finger or your brush.
- Dries to a waterproof, powder-finish which has oil-absorbing properties so it stays in place without fading or creasing for 12 hours!
- The doe-foot applicator also has a defined edge so you can use it as a liner too.
While the metal shadow
- Is a glittering formula with a quick-dry finish so you can apply and go in seconds.
- The tiny paintbrush-like applicator makes it super easy to get creative.
Huda’s Application Tips
- For girls in a hurry: Go for the no mirror, no brush application! Yes, we’re serious – it’s easy. We like to dab a little of the matte formula on our finger and pat across our lid for an impact in seconds. Build the look up for extra glam as you like.
- For the super glam: Use powders to add drama above the lid, then use the matte formula to cut the crease. Then define the crease using the glitter liner.
- For the cool and understated: Just swipe the shadows on your lid with the applicators and blend them out with your finger or a brush. A little goes a long way, so if you’re doing a subtler look, you only need a small amount.
- For the experimental: The options are endless. Make it your cut-crease go-to, layer with powder shadows, experiment with lines and designs or highlight the inner corner of the eyes with the glitter formula.
The NEW Huda Beauty Matte & Metal Melted Shadows will launch on 26th December at ShopHudaBeauty.com, Sephora($25USD/ $39AUD), Harrods (£22), Selfridges, Brown Thomas, Arnotts (€25), Cultbeauty.com, Naime’s Beauty Center, TheBeauty Editor, Feelunique.com.