I know, I know. You’re probably thinking, “Get over Huda Beauty, will ya?” But I MUST talk to you about her Demi Mattes – otherwise I’ll feel like I didn’t do my job as a beauty editor/consultant properly. When I find something I like, I want to tell people about it, especially if they haven’t tried it out. Don’y want them to miss out, ya know?
I never purchased Huda’s Lip Strobes (although I am itching to, now), and I didn’t think I’ll pick up the Demi Mattes either. But I’m SO glad I did. Because let me tell you, I like this formula WAY BETTER than her Liquid Mattes! And no, I’m not kidding. The formula of the demi mattes is EVERYTHING!
In a world of dry down mattes, Huda’s demi matte lipsticks take the cake for being super comfortable wearing, and of-course beautiful looking! But that isn’t all of it. The demi mattes are flexible and not too thick, and can also be built to a glossier finish. If you were to blot it down, it looks like a regular lipstick finish (which is great!), so they’re pretty multi-functional.
The doe foot applicator of the Demi Mattes picks up enough product for one application, and there is also a suction-feel to the tube, so don’t fear it. Even though the Demis don’t dry down to matte like their Liquid Matte cousins, they have a serious staying power! Although, if you want to retain the sheeny finish, avoid eating and making out (sorry bae)
The shades of Huda Beauty’s Demi Matte Cream Lipstick collection are as follows (gotta love all the campaign shots though)
- Day Slayer: A versatile day-to-night nude
- SHEro: A playful peachy nude
- Game Changer:An assertive and feminine coral
- SheEO: A commanding brown nude
- Lady Boss:A daring and vivid berry shade
- Catwalk Killa:A charismatic purple with brown hues
- Sheikha: A sumptuous deep rose shade
- Boy Collector: An alluring statement red
- Passionista: An audacious bright pink with blue nuances
- Provocateur: A tantalizing brown with hints of purple
- Révolutionnaire: A trailblazing deep brown
- Mogul: A vintage nude-rose shade
- Feminist: An eye-catching pink nude
- Bonnie: A flirty yet sophisticated pink
- Bawse: A domineering burgundy
The Huda Beauty Demi Matte, $20, is available at ShopHudaBeauty.com, Sephora, Harrods, Selfridges, Brown Thomas, Arnotts and Cultbeauty.