We all remember that travesty in 2018 which was Tarte Cosmetics’ Shape Tape Foundation. But this year, Tarte went all in to avenge their previous mishap – with their Face Tape Foundation. Personally, I haven’t used Face Tape yet, so I don’t know how well it works. But at least the shade range was SO MUCH better than before.
But Tarte isn’t done yet. The brand have introduced their new upcoming foundation – The Babassu Foundcealer Skincare Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF20. That’s a mouthful. The “foundcealer” claims to be your next favourite foundation and skin care in one.
Although I’m not a fan of the name, the foundation seems to be doing well with influencers before it hits retail. It sort of reminds me of the Milani 2-in-1 Foundation+Concealer. (At least the Milani one is easier to name.)
Let’s see the details of the Foundcealer, as mentioned on Tarte’s website.
WHAT IT IS
Babassu foundcealer™ (n.): a vegan, skincare foundation AKA your total complexion solution. This vegan makeup & skincare hybrid delivers an ultra-comfortable, natural radiant finish & medium customizable coverage so you can live your day, your way.
WHAT IT DOES
- Helps hydrate & give the appearance of plumper skin while minimizing the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Protects skin with SPF 20 (which is essential, rain or shine!)
- Formulated with nourishing superbalm babassu, essential fatty acids & antioxidants
- Lets you live your day, your way! Ways to play:
- light coverage? apply with fingertips
- light-to-medium coverage? use the babassu foundcealer™ latex-free sponge
- medium coverage? use the babassu foundcealer™ cruelty-free brush
Apparently, in a Clinical Study, 100% of women showed improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in 10 days.
IF that is true, then this might just be our favourite foundation this year.
Thankfully, you don’t have to wait 10 days to get your hands on it.