We’ve all heard about the OG MAC Fix+ – and we’ve had our fair share of debates on whether it’s a setting spray or not. Well, MAC never claimed that it was meant to be a setting spray. It’s even categorized as a primer on the official website. Setting spray or not, MAC’s Fix+ has become a staple in most artists’ vanities across the world- especially since they increased the range, which now includes the original Fix+, with different scents, with shimmer and the all new Fix+ matte (WHICH I’M OBSESSEDDDDD WITH)
The holy grail of hydrating mists! M·A·C Prep + Prime Fix+ gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and set makeup. The lightweight, prolonging formula is packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently moisturize, soothe and enhance your complexion. Pair with your favorite products in near-endless ways – to sheer out foundation, intensify the color payoff of eyeshadows and highlighters or simply to extend the wear of makeup.
- Hydrates, refreshes and sets makeup.
- Moisturizes skin.
- Dermatologist tested.
- Ophthalmologist tested.
It took me a really long time to bag this babe, mainly because I wasn’t comfortable spending so much money on something that felt so unnecessary back then. The MAC Fix+ retails for INR 1800 for 100ml. But now, if you were to see my drawers, you’ll find AT LEAST 6 bottles of Fix+ stocked up.
The product comes in a classy plastic bottle packaging with a twist lock pump, which when unlocked and pressed down on, sprays a generous amount of Fix+. I’m pretty stingy with mine cuz HELLO, price point! But the spray is my go to for melting powder products into the skin and giving me a misty, dewy look (which is my favourite!) If you don’t want to look dewy, you can go for the Fix+ matte – it keeps you matte as hell, and also doubles up as a setting spray.
The mist is very lightweight and isn’t sticky, heavy or greasy at all. But it’s the versatility of the product that makes it the winner. You can use it:
- Before makeup application to provide hydration to your face.
- In between steps to keep your face refreshed and melting powders into the skin.
- As a refreshing mist whenever and wherever.
- On brushes to pick up and lay down more pigmentation (shimmer shadows, highlighters etc)
- To “set” your makeup and give your face either a dewy or a matte look (depending on which version of the spray you use)
- Packed with beneficial ingredients
- Pleasantly scented – now comes in four different scents (Original, Coconut, Lavender, Rose)
- Fix+ Matte is very mattifying
- Great for the dewy skin look
- Melts powders into skin, prevents you from looking powdery/ashy
- Also comes in travel sizes
- P-R-I-C-E-Y AF!
- The original might not work with oily skin tones. Opt for Fix+ Matte instead