C-T-M routine for flawless skin
We all know that makeup can enhance or highlight your beauty, but at the end of the day, we realize that natural beauty and glowing skin is something we all wanted. How do you get glowing and youthful skin? Well, here I come with a secret that you must religiously follow, and that is this magical technique: CTM: Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing.
CTM is not a process, just to be followed as a regular routine, but it is also an essential part of a make-up. No make up is done without following a CTM. If you do not want a make -up with break out or ashy look, you should follow the process of CTM . CTM should be done twice a day, in the morning and then at night before going to bed, but if you are lazy like me, aim to do this at least once a day.
Let us here understand the benefits of CTM
Cleansing- The first part of cleansing start with removing the make-up if you have any on your face. Avoid using soap since it dries out the skin. A good makeup remover should be light on the skin and preferably be oil-free. There are a variety of face washes available for every skin type, so the trick is to choose the right one, according to your skin type. Cleansing milk can also be used to cleanse your face, while making sure that pores don’t get clogged. The natural fatty acids and proteins that are present in the cleanser help in balancing the pH level of your skin, leaving it soft supple and hydrated.
Toning- The benefit of this step is that if any dirt that is still left after cleansing, can be removed by toning while helping to maintain the PH balance of skin and minimizing pores. A toner evens the skin tone and helps to tighten the pores. It calms down your irritated skin and removes any traces of makeup and dirt from your skin.
Moisturize- Moisturizers create a layer between the skin and the environment, so that the skin remains well-hydrated. It protects the glow of the skin, making it soft, smooth and supple. As we know that the process of cleaning and toning opens up the pores and makes the skin feel stretchy and dry. So, in order to close the pores, a good moisturizer is important to keep your skin hydrated.
Here we are sharing a few natural ways or natural ingredients for your CTM routine
- FOR CLEANSING-
- For oily/combination skin
- Take a tablespoon of fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) and mix it with plain water or rose water and apply it to your face. Massage in circular and upward motions and rinse.
- Use buttermilk for it cleanses and exfoliates the skin deeply. It’s strong in nature so dry and sensitive skin should avoid it.
For dry/sensitive skin
Cleanse with raw milk and honey mix, and gently massage your face. Leave for 5 minutes then rinse. Raw milk will clean the skin and honey will moisturize.
Mix gram flour (besan) with milk and gently massage all over the face. Let it sit 5-10 mints and rinse.
Cleansing your face with yogurt (Dahi) kills the bacteria as it contains lactic acid and good for the skin.
- Green Tea: Take a green tea bag and dip it in hot cup of water. Allow it to cool and dip a cotton ball and apply to your face as a toner.
- Pure aloe vera juice.
- Mix lemon juicewith water in equal parts and apply it with cotton swab.
- Massaging with raw coconut oilhydrates the skin from within.
- Olive oil as a moisturizer for rough and dry skin. It repairs dry patches and stretch marks and wrinkles.
- Mix aloe vera gel with coconut oil and blend it. Use it as a daily moisturizer.